Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Calling All Writer’s

While cleaning out my closet a few days ago, I came across an old copy of “Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul” (don’t judge me). Of course, I stopped to read a few of the stories & before I knew it nostalgia set in. I was taken to a place of serenity. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the Chicken Soup series & the realness of its contents. People unveiled their gains & losses in short stories about tragedy, happiness & love. It was compelling, these writers were sharing so much of themselves to complete strangers. With no fear of judgment, it was so courageous that it left me feeling inspired. (I’m a sap, I know) After a few more minutes of reading, I put the book aside & continued to clean. That’s when a brilliant idea came to me. (Eureka!) I thought; why not use Perspective BLAH as a platform for other writers to share their stories & experiences. I realized I was on to something super cool until doing some research & figuring out it wasn’t a very original idea (Whomp) but hey…who cares! I told myself “be not discouraged” & began to brainstorm.
Here’s the plan, I am going to start “Writer’s Wednesday”. Every week PB will become a platform for ALL writers to showcase their talent. I’m talking poetry, testimonies & short stories (nonfictional, fantasy, romance & thriller). I invite all writers to submit their material to perspectiveblah@gmail.com, along with a photo of themselves, the title of their excerpts & the link to their personal blog/website.  All material submitted will be reviewed & posted the following Wednesday. Isn’t that exciting?!
Not sold on “Writer’s Wednesday”? Here are a few reasons why I think you should participate:
  1. Writing can be therapeutic; on Perspective BLAH you can share whatever you’d like without being judged or criticized. Of course, you don’t have to share anything too personal to the point of embarrassment.
  2. Practice makes perfect! If you are actually considering a career in writing why not start by sharing some of your material that you are not so sure about. Get feedback & encouragement from fellow writers with the same aspirations as yourself.
  3. Gain Confidence; when you see your excerpts posted on Perspective BLAH you will feel a sense of appreciation as an artist. I believe every story is worth reading!
Lastly, I want this to be fun for everyone, readers & writers included. Do not be discouraged or second guess your writing! I look forward to receiving, reading & sharing your submissions made to perspectiveblah@gmail.com.
Until next time,
WC.
“Writers write while dreamers procastinate.”  – Besa Kosova

No comments:

Post a Comment